Oh what a great morning and early afternoon I've had! I love days off! Mazy and I were quite busy this morning. We:
- Renewed my driver's license. It was a very painless experience. Way to go, DOT!
- Had a lovely chat over coffee and baked goods at Starbucks. Yes, I allowed my 7-year-old to try a mocha. It was his first one. He loved it... And then hours later he followed it with a Diet Coke! But I promise, this is an unusual week and he is on vacation after all. We don't normally behave this way.
- We went to Chocolaterie Stam and Mazy picked out delicious treats for dessert tonight.
- We went to Kohl's and bought matching shirts for Mazy and Bo for Saturday's family photo shoot. I can't wait! I also found a birthday present for my Grandma Maxine. And some clearance pants for Mazy and Bo.
- We went to Michael's and bought some storage baskets for the baby's stuff.
- We picked up my mom and went to lunch at the Waterfront Seafood Market (see Mazy's latest blog entry about this under the "Restaurant Times" tab above).
- We went back to my mom's office and I met with Tracey, a loan officer, about beginning the paperwork for a new home loan. Now to get our current one on the market...
- Then we went to Fareway grocery store for fresh strawberries, mushrooms and drinks for tonight's Valentine's Day celebration at home. We're making heart-shaped pizzas!
Also, stay tuned tomorrow for Mazy's review of Indian food! He is going to work with Shawn and he, Shawn and Grandma Belinda have a date at the Indian Palace in Ames! It's his first time eating at an Indian restaurant so I am excited to hear what he thinks.