One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

It was a quiet New Year's Eve here at Arthur Ave. Mazy wanted to stay up until midnight, but due to his mood and behavior, he was sent to bed at 9:30. As a double punishment, his little brother was allowed to stay up until 10. :) 

Shawn and I stayed up until midnight, watched the ball fall in NYC and wondered why anyone in their right mind would want to be at Times Square on that night... Then I went to bed at 1 and Shawn shortly thereafter. At 2 p.m., loud zapping noises and bright sparks awoke us as we watched a transformer outside our bedroom window blow up and then the entire neighborhood went black. Our house usually homes quite loudly at night thanks to two big box fans in each bedroom. The silence was deafening... Before I was able to go back to sleep, I hear the pitter-patter of little feet running across the hall and jumping into bed with me. The silence had awoken Bo as well. I knew then there would not be a lot of sleeping left for me.

Between Bo laying on me, Shawn snoring and the lack of white noise, I lay awake most of the night. Fortunately, the power came back on at 6ish and the family all slept in until nearly 9.

So Happy New Year!

Anyway, today has been productive despite the lack of sleep. I started sewing the baby's quilt. I found a great pattern and fabrics that I LOVE yesterday while Shawn took the boys shopping for a couple hours. It will go together quickly. Can't wait to show it to you!

Today we took the boys shoe shopping at Kohl's. It actually went very well. Found them both new tennis shoes and were out of the store in about 20 minutes.Then we had a nice lunch together at Fazoli's and came home and put the boys down for naps. Mazy is up already and bored. It's good that he's going back to school tomorrow.

But even better is that Shawn and I both have the day off!!! You have no idea what a treat it is for the final day of Christmas break to be boy-free!!! I love them. I loved being home with them these past 10 days. And I love getting a day off from them!

Tomorrow I may tell you a story involving Bo, a deep cut on his head and super glue... Or maybe not. I can't decide whether this should be made public or not.

Until then, Happy New Year's to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment