One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Goat Tacos and Math Night

Today I discovered a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant just down the street from Bo's daycare that serves really good authentic Mexican, including goat tacos! They were so good! Fresh cilantro sprinkled on top. Homemade soft tortillas. Mmmmm. I will be taking Shawn there sometime soon.

Tonight was Math Night at Mazy's school. We learned about the new-fangled math theory they use to teach children. No more memorization. It's all about teaching them theories that they will use for algebra and more advanced math. It was impressive. And it made me happy that I have a math genius husband who understood it and can help our children with it. Because let me tell you, it's too late to teach this old dog new math....

After math class, we went to Fawn's Asian Cuisine for a quick supper of Vietnamese. I had a really good Pho soup -- Mee Kah Rah or something. Noodles, lots of fresh herbs you can add, bean sprouts, carrots, ground pork, peanuts and red curry in a coconut milk broth. Delish!

Thank you to my mom for hanging with the boys and watching Spiderman! We are lucky that she works in Ankeny and can drop by for occasional babysitting dates!

OK, I'm tired. That's all for this Thursday. Might be some snow coming tomorrow. Today was beautiful and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment