One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

World Food Fest & the Wirt Picnic

Before I forget, happy birthday to my mother-in-law Belinda! Hope you have a great day!

I am starting to lose steam today. I had some interesting meetings this morning that kept me awake and motivated, but now my night is catching up to me. Mazy raced into our room at 2 a.m. because of a bad dream. Something about sabertooth tigers AND tornadoes at our house.... For some reason, when I woke up, I could not get back to sleep. At all! All night long! I went and tried to sleep in Mazy's bed -- as he and Shawn practically pushed me onto the floor in my room. But for whatever reason, this pregnancy is giving me insomnia if I wake up during the night.

So I have a feeling it's going to be a looonnnnnngggg afternoon.

Back to the fun stuff. We have a killer weekend planned -- fun things from Friday night through to Sunday night.

Friday evening -- outdoor movie at the Swanson's in Cambridge, Shawn's sister and family has invited us to supper and a Halloween movie in their backyard. With this weather, it should be a blast!

Saturday morning -- Mom is coming to DSM for the day, starting off at the flea market at the state fairgrounds with Shawn (I'll take Mazy to art class and probably go for a walk in the park with Bo while we wait for class to end); then we'll all meet back at our house and have lunch at the World Food Fest in the East Village. This is my all-time favorite DSM event of the year! I love all the different cultures and foods represented, the hundreds of country flags hung across the street, the music, the people-watching, and of course, the food! From African to German to El Salvadoran to Korean -- there will be a little bit of everything available. After we eat, I plan to send Shawn and the boys home and then Mom and I can go to Architectural Salvage to look around and then maybe for some window shopping in Valley Junction. Fun times!

Sunday -- It is the 45th annual Wirt Picnic and though not a big crowd is expected, I am looking forward to seeing extended family members. We'll roast hotdogs at the picnic grounds and have dessert back at the machine shed. Hopefully there will be a hayride, which is my favorite part of the event. That night, many of us will go back to Mom's house for soup or chicken pot pie and apple crisp (I finally get to make it!).

Any plans for your weekend? And one more thing -- good luck tomorrow, Kortney! Can't wait to hear if Porter has a brother or sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment