One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Finally, the Big News is Out!

Well, it is official. All family members and close friends have been notified of our big news — the announcement that Hanson baby #3 is on the way! Official due date: March 29. I'm hoping, and I will later probably retract this, but I am hoping for an April birthdate actually. April seems like such a beautiful and wonderful month in which to be born. The perfect birthday for a sweet baby girl... Or a sweet baby boy. I will be thrilled with either of course.

Nausea and exhaustion continue to take a toll on me, but I think the end is in sight. Yesterday I felt great all morning! Got the house picked up and started decorating for Halloween. Shawn got a ton of laundry done, and he mopped all the floors, too! And he went to Walmart for a new toilet seat and replaced ours. And he and Mazy hung up at least 7 strands of Halloween lights in the downstairs. I made lunch and supper and cleaned up both -- more than I've been doing in recent weeks...

Seriously, this baby has made me sicker than Bo and Mazy's pregnancies combined. I felt so bad on Saturday that I skipped out on Adventureland -- which is typically one of my favorite places to go with the boys. But they had a blast with the rest of my family and I was a little happy that I missed out on all the rain that day!

Sunday we were in Nevada all day for a sewing day with Shawn's mom and sisters. It was lots of fun to see them. They also saved the day for us... (The Hansons are the people to call when you have a big problem that needs solved fast.) Apparently on Saturday, when I was getting meat out of our big freezer in the garage, I somehow left the door open. On Sunday morning Shawn discovered the ENTIRE freezer and its contents were thawed out. We had just stocked up on meat from Mom and Dad's so there were 3 packs of steaks, 4 packs of ground sausage, 3 roasts, 1 pack of brats, 1 pack of ribs, 1 pack of brisket, 2 packs of Iowa chops, 1 pack of ham steaks, 1 fresh ham, 1 pack of hamburger patties, 1 pack of tenderloin, 1 pack of ham hocks, and maybe one or two other things I'm forgetting -- that were all thawed out and needed to be cooked immediately.... Yikes.

We packed it up in a cooler and took it to my inlaws. They helped us cook everything! Now I have all the meat ready for several weeks worth of meals, it actually turned out great! My brother-in-law Eric even smoked several of the items for us. He brought the ribs over for an appetizer Sunday night -- yum yum! They were soooo good! Can't wait to see how the rest turned out.

Needless to say, we owe all of them big time for helping save the day!

Well, I better get back to work. Just wanted to give you a quick update. I'll get some new photos up this week. It's been awhile, I know. Have a great first week of September, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment