One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cooler Days Ahead

Hallelujah! The heat wave is gone. For awhile at least! Today's high is in the mid 80s! That's awesome! And Friday's forecast for our day of garage saleing is looking good too -- high 80s! I'll take it.

Because it is easy to buy a lot of useless crap when you go to garage sales, I have decided to create a list of things to look for on Friday and hopefully reign in my impulse buying:

  • Antique red, turquoise or green enamel wear, plates, cookie jars, utensils for my future dream kitchen
  • Cotton fabrics suitable for quilting, especially for Christmas gifts
  • Scrapbooking supplies like albums, pages, paper and stickers
  • Drinking glasses from my childhood -- I'm determined to have a collection of all the Smurfs, Muppets, Garfield and other characters that were featured on cheap glasses at Pizza Hut and other restaurants! Shawn is on the lookout for early Batman drinking glasses.
And that's about it. Seriously, our house is packed to the brim. We don't need anything but since we're going, I might as well look for useful stuff!

In other news
Bo's dentist appt. went well on Monday. But he was sent home from daycare yesterday for biting again. Bummer. It's discouraging, certainly, but we're back at the better diet for him (keeping all dairy out of it) and making sure he gets plenty of sleep at night. He napped for 4.5 hours yesterday so I think that definitely contributed to his mood. This blasted cold we all have! I know it's putting me in a bad mood and draining my energy. He's probably the same way.

We've also decided that Bo will hang out at the farm on Friday to play with his cousin Hudson. My cousin Jenny and her friend are babysitting them. I think it will be a great day for Bo and Hudson to hang out together and have fun. Big thanks to Jenny for babysitting for Mom so she can go to the garage sales with us!

And it looks like my lunchbreak is drawing to an end. Hope you're all having a great week. I can't believe the Iowa State Fair starts next week!!! And then Mazy goes back to school the week after... Where did the summer go?

Favorite back-to-school traditions?
Speaking of summers, do you have any favorite back-to-school traditions or ideas? I'm always looking for ways to make big events like that special and memorable for the boys. Please share any you do or have heard about!

No comments:

Post a Comment