One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, July 8, 2011

New Fav: Pulled Pork and Chicken Livers

It's an unlikely combination isn't it -- pulled pork and chicken livers. But let me tell you, it is my new favorite sandwich!!! Seriously, it's the yummiest meat combo I've tasted in a long time. I ate it for lunch again today at Americana restaurant -- a hot new restaurant in Des Moines. The sandwich is officially called the Thai Po Boy. Today I had it with the grilled pineapple slices for a side. Yum. Double-yum.

Anyway, it was a delightful lunch with an old friend who recently moved back to Iowa. Looking forward to getting his girls together with the Hanson brothers for a picnic downtown sometime.

Weekend plans are still really up in the air. I'd love to go to the art show at Reiman Gardens in Ames on Sunday. My uncle Steve is selling some of his photos there and I think it would be a fun day to take the boys around the gardens. As many of you may recall, I once worked for Reiman Publications -- namesake and benefactor of the gardens. I was a junior at Iowa State when the gardens opened. They're beautiful. And they have grown and become even more amazing since I've seen them.

I also have a couple of sewing projects planned and of course, more laundry and cleaning. But there will be plenty of time for fun as well.

Whatever your plans -- hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed my pulled pork and chicken liver sandwich today!

1 comment:

  1. When I think of pulled pork and chicken livers it really sounds more "red neck" than thai, but good eating either way. Have a fun weekend whatever you do!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete