One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Haircuts, Gardening and Free Fabric!

Big news! I won a free yard of fabric from my favorite sewing blog, Pink Chalk Studios! I have been religiously following and commenting on their blog since they started a sew-along in January for "101 one-yard Wonders" book. And they celebrated the half-way point of the sew-along by giving one free yard of fabric ($10 gift card) to their 25 most loyal followers. Whoohooo! Exciting!

In other news, we're finally taking the boys to Ankeny tonight for haircuts. And then once it cools down, around 8 or so, I'm planting sweet potatoes and zinnias in the backyard -- hopefully finishing the vegetable garden.

Weekend plans are slowly coming together -- sounds like we're headed to the farm for one day. Grandpa Kevin is supposedly buying a new pool for the backyard and the boys and me are only too happy to break it in for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment