One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Taxes Are Filed!

It's always such a relief each year to officially file our taxes through H&R Block online. We're getting money back from the feds (not a ton but maybe enough for a cheap swing set for the boys!) and we owe Iowa $2. Yes, $2..... I can't believe I have to waste a check and a stamp to send them two measly dollars.

I'm shopping for some camping gear tonight. I want to surprise Mazy with an overnight camping trip in May when he's on break. Nothing fancy, just the bare minimum supplies. I thought we'd start with just an overnight trip and work up to a weekend trip later this summer with Shawn and Bo. I also have some cool Boy Scout patterns for fun little camping accessories that I could make for the boys!

Speaking of sewing, I didn't do any tonight. And I should have... When we got home, the boys played in the yard while I raked leaves. Shawn made supper. By the time we ate and cleaned up the yard, it was 7 and time to read stories and get the boys to bed. Then I decided to do taxes and now I'm too tired to do anything else...

So maybe tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment