One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sunshine and Shattered Awards

So I attended the annual industry awards ceremony last night -- we entered three categories and only received one award.. Not a great year. The award was a 2nd place for feature writing. And get this, they didn't even award a first place! What a gyp! I didn't even want to claim my second place award. Gee thanks for the honor of not being good enough for 1st...

Anyway, the awards ceremony ended very early so I was able to arrive back home for bedtime kisses. I took the award in to show the boys and promptly dropped it on the floor -- shattering it into about 30 pieces! Oops... It really was an accident. Bo asked me, "Mama, you broke your glass?" And Mazy said, "It was just second place. You didn't want it anyway. Right, mama?"

In other happenings, Bo and I are headed to Jordan Creek Mall tonight for supper with Jenny, Sherie and Mom. We're celebrating Jenny's 16th birthday at the Cheesecake Factory. Hopefully they have a patio because I need to be outside in this fine weather!! I hate being cooped up indoors in the spring. My agrarian roots kick in and all I want to do is kick off my shoes and go dig in the dirt and feel the sunshine on my skin.

Mazy has opted to stay home with Shawn tonight to dine on Taco Bell (bleck) and play boardgames. I love watching the two of them bond over their boardgame hobby. I'm sure Bo will follow suit, unless I enlist him into my sewing hobby!

Well, I'm on my lunch break and should finish eating. Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful, splendid spring day!

1 comment:

  1. BOO! about the award. But kind of funny ending. :) And big congrats to Leslie. Your stories make me me happy!

    ReplyDelete