One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, March 21, 2011

Making an I-Spy Quilt with Mazy

What can I say? I have created two little fabric monsters! A new shipment of sale fabrics arrived at our house tonight and the boys were as excited as I was to open the box! I'm not kidding! My boys love fabrics! And who wouldn't? Bright colors, beautiful and fun designs, so many possibilities for what it can be turned into!

Mazy ripped open the box for me and began going through the fabrics and declaring which were "his" and which ones I could have... Hmmm, see what I mean about creating a monster. Mama don't share her fabrics! Well, maybe with Mazy and Bo. I can't deny those boys anything. :)

Bo had a particularly loud and screaming day at daycare so he went to bed at the stroke of 7. Mazy headed to the basement with me where I sewed my baby shower gifts. Not finished yet. But I'm making good progress. I am starting a new project for me this week -- just a fast one, don't worry! A sewing machine cover out of "One-Yard Wonders" book. I asked Mazy to help me choose the fabric and as I pulled out the choices, he started piling them up into "his" pile and "my" pile. In the end, I chose a super bright flowered fabric with pinks, yellows, orange and a few splashes of black. I'll show it to you soon.

Anyway, I was telling him about a quilt pattern I printed off at work today called the "I Spy Quilt" and he totally wants me to make him one. I showed him the pattern, a freebie off one of my favorite online quilt shops and blogs, Pink Chalk Fabrics, and he sat down with his pile of chosen fabrics and began sketching how he wanted me to make it!

I'm excited that he's interested in this. We can go to the quilt shop together and pick out the rest of the fabric! He's such a creative little soul. I love it!

In other non-sewing news, my coworker Sara brought me back a little box of chocolates from her vacation and they were to die for. I'm serious. They were freaking awesome!!! I was just going to eat one today during my 3 p.m. tea break. But they were so good that I ate all four... My boss Chris said she did the same thing. You can't stop at one. Believe me.

Boys' bedroom update: Due to the tired and cranky nature of our youngest, we postponed bedroom organizing for one night. More to come tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt idea, I checked it out. Might have to think about that for my kids too!

    Kids had a good first day back, both were tired after missing naps for the first time in a week.

    ReplyDelete