One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ignorance Can Be Bliss

The sirens were blaring a lot last night -- tornado warnings west, south and east of us. High wind warnings in DSM. Hail, rain, thunder and lightning. Spring is here!

Unfortunately, my little Storm Watcher Mazy has apparently read too many extreme weather books. He was terrified by the sirens last night and very upset that our house was going to be destroyed and blown away. He kept asking me if an EF5 was coming... Sometimes when it comes to weather, ignorance is bliss. He wants to hear that, like a tsunami or hurricane, there is no way a tornado could get us in Iowa. But I won't tell him that because it's just not true. I want him to be prepared and know what to do. I do tell him that in the 30+ years I've been living in Iowa, I've never seen a tornado or had one anywhere near where I lived. I think that counts for something.

Anyway, I didn't get much done last night with sewing projects, but we did get the boys' room picked up and a bunch of laundry put away. Tonight I'm hoping to start organizing their closet and making piles of stuff for Salvation Army, consignment shop and garage sale... Ugh. What a time-consuming job but one that needs done.

And since the weather doesn't seem to be cooperating -- snow is in the forecast! -- what better time to tackle boring indoor projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment