One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Work-from-Home Wednesday

Poor Bobo has the flu. Or some kind of bug. He threw up at daycare and Shawn brought him home. I had forgotten my cell phone at my desk and missed about eight calls from daycare... They never call my work number, where they could have me paged if I don't answer. Instead, they keep calling my cell phone and leaving messages.

Anyway, I will be working from home tomorrow with Bo and I have a stack of work a mile high to complete. I'm glad I will be home. I will likely be 225% more effective and productive than if I was at the office.

Tonight I am gathering supplies for the scrapbook crop. Mom and I are donating an item for the silent auction. We're doing a dino-themed scrapbook basket that includes a scrapbook, extra pages, dinosaur paper cut-outs, dinosaur paper, dinosaur stickers, some pens/markers, and a toy dinosaur that I will steal from the boys' stash. (Don't tell them!)

For supper tonight, we made a recipe from Mazy's Sesame Street Kids Cookbook -- Abby Cadabby's Bowtie Butterflies and Flowers. Translation: bowtime pasta, carrots cut to look like a flower, diced ham and a very mild sauce made from chicken broth and half-cup shredded parmesan. I threw some fresh spinach into mine. It was good. I look forward to the leftovers tomorrow.

So, a bit more on my work situation. I happen to be in a desirable position for once. Another department is trying to hire me, my department doesn't want me to let me go and I am currently creating a new position for the company that I will hopefully get to fill. It's a win-win situation for me. And I'm excited about it! If it all goes as planned and I can get some more money out of them, the house hunt will be on!

No comments:

Post a Comment