One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, December 12, 2010

That's a Wrap

Mazy chose all of our gift wrap and tags this year. It's a nice assortment -- two rolls of Snoopy/Charlie Brown Christmas paper, one roll of dogs in Santa hats and a very traditional roll of Santa and his sleigh. We wrapped for about 20 minutes this morning and are now taking a break.

It's cold!!! Like 6 degrees cold... I'm heading to Panora later this afternoon for the visitation for my great uncle Bob. I think I will leave Shawn and the boys at home, as it will give me a chance to talk to relatives more and not worry about what the boys are up to.

Yesterday was a fun but busy day. The side roads were a sheet of ice, beginning at about 9 a.m. when I took Mazy to art class. I picked him up at 10:45. Cleaned the house. Took Mazy to Jo-Ann fabric for a few final gifts, and then to Easter Lake area to pick up his friend Evan for their "play date". They wanted to go to the Historical Building so we walked around there for an hour and a half. It snowed off and on all day. Brought the boys back to our house to play and then went for groceries. By 5:30 the winds were really picking up and it was apparent why we were in a blizzard warning. We switched plans and decided not to go to Holly Jolly Lights -- instead opting for Happy Meals for the boys that they could eat as we drove Evan back to his grandparents' house. It was an interesting drive. Once safe and sound back at our house, we popped in one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies, "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and Randy. That movie cracks me up!

A nice weekend. Better get back to my present wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment