One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, December 27, 2010

And Now Vacation Begins

The boys slept in until 9 a.m. this morning. I love my boys! Poor Shawn was up at 7 -- the only one among us who does not have this entire week off from work, school or daycare. Thanks for bringing home the bacon, baby!

We have had a quiet morning -- the boys are watching Toy Story 3 right now. Bo has been alternating between his Toy Story 3 and fishing ship playsets and his new dino playset that he got from Grandma Katy and Grandpa Kevin last night.

Mazy is playing with Star Wars Legos. When he's not playing with them, he's talking about them.

I think it is safe to say that they both had a very good Christmas.

My goals for this week, other than to relax and enjoy my boys, are to:

1. Clean the boys' room, take down Bo's crib (my baby isn't so little anymore!) and sort toys that can be donated to daycare.

2. Paint the boys' room. (VERY lofty goal... but hey, it's only Monday so I can be optimistic)

3. Work on my scrapbooks at night.

4. Choose a new sewing project to start for this winter.

5. Get all the new toys and presents put away.

6. Relax with a cup of tea and enjoy some of my new books!

Well, it's nearly time to start some lunch. I've folded two loads of laundry already and will put them away when I put the boys down for a nap.

Aahhh, I love Christmas break!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you love having a few down days? Oh....I don't know if I would paint - doesn't sound fun to me. Plus, you might need to air that room out after - wait until a nice spring day. Just lay around, go to movies, eat, down time. That's my take on the week. Everyone gone from here, just Logan and I. We went to see The Little Fockers - may go to another movie today. Think we'll wait until Dave gets home to see True Grit, supposed to be good. Any New Year Eve plans? I'm thinking we might do the movie that afternoon - come home cook something good and call it 2011.

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so weird....how come it says from Frenchy's house party. It's from me aunt Cindy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I think I agree with you Aunt Cindy -- less work on this break and more relaxing and having fun! We'll clean the boys room tomorrow, put up all the dino decorations but wait until spring to paint. Have fun at the movies and hanging out with Logan!

    ReplyDelete