One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, November 15, 2010

39 Days and Counting

One of the items I bought at the craft show last weekend is a cool countdown to Christmas calendar. It's a ceramic tile, with red letters at the top that say "Santa is coming in" and at the bottom it says "days". There's a fun red-striped dry erase marker that is velcroed to the side. And each day your child can erase the previous entry and write the new number onto the tile. There's also a cheery little Santa on it as well. It's about a 5-inch square tile with a stand on the back so it can sit on your countertop or desk.

Mazy started it tonight. That's how I know there are 39 days before Christmas Eve... 39 days!!! Eegads, that's not much.

You have to be careful this time of year or you get so wrapped up in making the holidays special that you forget to enjoy them. At least that's what happens to me. I'm scaling back the plans this year. I'm trying to concentrate on spontaneity and a few planned holiday events.

In other news, I had a 1.5-hour brainstorm meeting today and when I returned to my desk there were two messages on my cell phone and two on my office phone and three emails -- all from Mazy's school. I nearly had a heart attack. I thought something terrible had happened. It turns out -- he had a fever of 99.99 degrees... I appreciate their diligence trying to reach me and felt very guilty that I had forgotten my cell phone. However, they could have had me paged. Or, they could have called Shawn.

So Mazy and I will be home on Tuesday. He doesn't seem sick and his fever is gone. But I'm happy for a day at home with him. We have three Netflix movies we haven't watched yet! I also have a ton of work to do, but I'll get it done in between movies.

Speaking of that, I have an appliance catalog to edit tonight. Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. ah....a sick day! That will be fun! I know I'm trying to start shopping, and just not getting much done. Of course J & C and significant others have not given me a list - which I asked for. Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete