One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Caramel Apple Cake and Popcorn


Shawn worked today so it was me and the boys for a morning of running around. Left the house at 9 to get Mazy to art class at 9:15. Then Bo and I headed downtown for the farmers market. I let him pick out two little pumpkins for him and Mazy. Of all the food at the farmers market, his first and only choice was: popcorn! So we went to the popcorn vendor and he picked out a bag of green apple and caramel popcorn. The green apple popcorn was very, very green! I chose a bag of Chicago Mix -- cheddar cheese popcorn with caramel popcorn. Yum. Yum. Yum. It's my favorite -- cheesy, salty sweetness. And for Mazy a patriotic bag of vanilla popcorn, cherry popcorn and blueberry popcorn. Sounds hideous, doesn't it? He thought so too, he wouldn't touch it...

After the farmers market Bo and I grabbed coffee and a smoothie at Caribou and then back to the Art Center to pick up Mazy. We then went to the grocery store for ingredients for the caramel apple bundt cake I am taking to a birthday party tonight.

The first grocery store we went to did not have a SINGLE open parking space. Not one!! Can you believe that. It was insane. So we drove all the way across town to a Hy-Vee and it was just as bad! We parked about a block away and then played bumper carts all through the store with all the crazy east-siders. I don't know what it is about that side of town, but we saw at least six people with portable oxygen tanks. That seemed kind of high to me.

Anyway, we got what we needed. Mazy helped me cut the apples for the caramel apple bundt cake (click here to see the recipe). It's a detailed recipe but worth it. It smells heavenly when it's baking. I just poured the caramel pecan glaze on it. And I'm using my vintage cake box for the first time. I'm so excited!

Well, better get ready for my mother-in-law's party tonight. Bo is still napping and we still need to wrap her present.

October 2 Halloween Fun:
  • Took Bo to the farmers market and let him pick out baby pumpkins that he and Mazy will decorate tomorrow and can display in their bedroom.
  • Enjoyed caramel apple popcorn.
  • Mazy helped me cut apples and stir them into my caramel apple cake recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Make sure you keep that cake for the "inner circle" next weekend.

    Found a new blog you might like: http://throwgrammarfromthetrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete