One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

T-minus one day to 4-day weekend!


I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

Just one more day. One more work day to get through and then a fabulous four-day 4th of July weekend! Yahoooo!

I've been cleaning since 6. I can see a huge difference, but frankly, the average guest will still look around our house and say, "Jeez, this is how you live?" Mom is spending the night tomorrow after we go to Yankee Doodle Pops. It's going to be so much fun, I can't wait!

But before that, I have a 9,985 projects to get through at work, including a media event at a Clive family's home tomorrow morning. UGH... There's a reason my business card says, "Sr. Writer." I hate media events. I hate acting like a PR person at media events. I WAS the media. To switch sides is a bit demeaning to me, and I am quite sure it shows. I have great respect for all my PR colleagues and friends, but it's just not a gig for me. I'm not good at schmoozing and relationing. I like to wear blue jeans, a t-shirt and sandals to work, sit at my computer and write, write, write the day away. But, I can do this. It won't be too long. The media will likely be covering the big flood of 2010.

Then I'm going to work through my lunch break (sorry me, no workout tomorrow...), and leave work early. Like, really early. 3 o'clock early if I can swing it. I think I feel a terrible headache coming on tomorrow at 2:50. :)

I'll make a mad dash to Gateway Market for fun finger foods for the picnic at Yankee Doodle Pops, drop it off at home, pack up a bag for the picnic and head to Ankeny to see a dear friend who's in town for a short time. Visit for an hour and then back to DM for the symphony's concert and fireworks. Whew. I'm tired already.

I think I can. I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment