One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Date Set: April 15 the Sign is Going Up!

I met with our realtor last Monday and we set a date for when this ol' house is going on the market. I have a lot to do between now and then, but I'm working hard to get it all done. Despite protests from my husband, I think the smartest thing to do is rent a storage unit and just get it all out of here. Maybe they will have those PODS storage boxes available - then we'd only have to load all the stuff once before unloading it at the new house.

Anyway, the house is pretty much sucking up every free minute I have.

Yesterday we attended nephew Knox's 1st birthday party. It was at his other grandparents' house in the tiny town/village of Herndon. This weekend's weather has been pretty cool and super windy today, but the boys played outside with their cousin Kael and ran off some of their energy. On the drive back to Des Moines, we went by four of the houses on my favorites list. Man, let me tell you, whatever cameras they use to take photos of the backyards are seriously deceiving! All of the backyards were tiny! As small as what we have now.... It was a rather disappointing drive because we didn't really love anything we saw. But we did discover several neighborhoods we liked and will keep an eye on for other listings. 

Today I've been working in the kids room -- packing up books and toys, organizing extra bedding, and soon I need to sort through winter clothes and get rid of anything Bo won't wear again. I already sorted Violet's a couple weeks ago and all of Mazy's become hand-me-downs for Bo so that's easy. 

Guess that's about all the excitement here. Big week ahead for us -- Easter egg dyeing on Tuesday night, April Fool's Day on Wednesday, Violet's 3rd birthday on Friday (also Good Friday so I have it off work so I can celebrate with her all day!), overnight stay at a friend's house for Mazy on Friday night, working on the house on Saturday (or maybe Easter with my family, I don't know yet), and then Easter on Sunday. We'll have an egg hunt and breakfast at our house that day, then off to Nevada for Easter lunch, and then a small celebration for Violet's birthday that night. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! And congratulations to Wisconsin! I know Jane is smiling up in Door County today!

No comments:

Post a Comment