One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Halloween Week!

Hey everybody, sorry for the week-long hiatus as I dove back into work and tried to get back on schedule. It's been crazy. I say this every year and apparently my new job won't be any different, the final months of the calendar year are insane.... Add in the family and getting ready for the holidays and boy oh boy, things are going to get fun!

I can't even remember where I left off -- I think I showed you photos of our train day in Boone. The weather was much like it was today -- well, at least that's what I hear, I was stuck in meetings and conference rooms all day.

Sounds like our Indian summer is officially over tonight. The cold front is moving in. The tree leaves are just past their peak. And November, whether we want it or not, is just around the corner. So let's enjoy the final days of October and we'll handle the holiday craziness as it comes.

Here are some pics from our day at the Botanical Gardens and then from the Family Fest day at my work -- now that was some event....












And now Family Fest photos -- it was so much fun and such a neat event to do for our kids. We had a blast at it. There were crafts, cookie decorating, a princess, Elmo, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, a bouncy house, a coloring station, a tattoo station, a balloon artist, face painting, pizza and carnival games.











OK, I need to get to work and it's already 9:20 p.m. Tomorrow is me and my man's 14th wedding anniversary. We celebrated last Friday night when all the kids were out at the farm. We went out to eat, then shopping and then had coffee and dessert at the bookstore -- our idea of the perfect evening. More on my wonderful husband tomorrow. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment