One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Family Reunion in Manchester, Iowa

After our night in Cedar Rapids two weeks ago, we traveled east and north to the town of Manchester, Iowa, which happens to be the birthplace of my beloved husband. He doesn't remember much about it. They moved to Nevada when he was six months old.

We went to a park near Manchester for the annual Sutton family reunion -- my mother-in-law's family. Sutton is also Bo's middle name. We met all the family at the park for lunch, and I would like to say I met them all and talked to them but unfortunately with three children to chase I actually didn't meet a single person... Isn't that terrible? Well, I said hi to several people at the playgrounds but that was about it.

It was a beautiful sunny day and I took some great pictures of the kids at one of the playgrounds. It was a cool park -- the playground was awesome. It had a huge wooden train, slides, monkey bars, digger cranes, pens with deer, turkeys and pheasants maybe. It was cool.

I liked this pic of Violet's little bum as she crawled through the train.


Look at that blue sky and fluffy white clouds. Mazy is always a willing model.

Engineer Bo prepares for departure. See what an awesome train it was!


Oh and here she is -- my girl! I absolutely LOVE this outfit on her. It's so sweet!


Sweet cheekers!


If they build it, Bo can climb it. 

Here's something rare -- all three in the same place at the same time!

Lately, Bo has been taking a much more active role in looking out for Violet. She's a bit heavy for him but that doesn't stop him. 


So that was two weeks ago. Today the boys and I went to Seed -- a cool shop in the East Village to buy our charcoal and miniature plants for their terrariums. We didn't make the terrariums today but we have all the stuff for it now. We'll make them in the morning after our walk. 

After lunch, I left the kids with Shawn and headed to the mall for a couple hours. I needed some new clothes for my trip next week and saw there were a ton of big sales going on. I found a cute dress, new workout pants, a new shirt, new pajamas and a new pair of shoes. Violet also got a new pair of shoes. It was BOGO half-off so I bought her the cutest little pair of pink glitter Tom's. She loves them, of course. 

And that brings us to now. We're watching "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" for a special Saturday movie night. Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment