One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, June 15, 2012

I Love Strawberry Shortcake

Did I ever tell you about my most favorite dessert in the world?

Strawberry shortcake.

Did I ever tell you about my most favorite childhood toy of all time?

Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bake Shoppe playset that was a giant strawberry that opened up into a bakery with a stove where you could cook strawberry pies. It. Was. Awesome. Mom gave it away when I was in middle school. I've finally forgiven her, but I still have fond memories of playing with that strawberry-scented doll and her little sidekick, Apple Dumpling.

But now... Now I have a real-life Strawberry Shortcake!!! Oh is this girl just the most kissable, squeezable little girl you've ever seen? I bought her this outfit the day she came home from the hospital. It's been too big, until today.  :)



 I love it when she crosses her eyes to look at her fingers!


I know redheads aren't supposed to wear red, but if Strawberry Shortcake can do it, then so can Violet!

1 comment:

  1. I make great strawberry shortcake. And I owe you dinner, dessert and more for being so late in visiting you and seeing Violet! So glad that you blog so I get to follow along on your days. I've been at the lake a lot, and now headed to Mount Rushmore for the rest of the week. Can I still come visit you when we're back? I'll bring dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete