One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Shopping Frenzy!

We are marking names off our lists left and right these days! It's nice to get a jump on holiday shopping. Just a few more people to go and we're done! And I think we have finished Mazy's b-day shopping and both boys' Christmas shopping. Hooray!

The poor postman is going to be busy for awhile... We've done nearly all of it online, except for Shawn -- who enjoys going to the big box stores for some reason. Me, I avoid those places like the plague. Tonight I shopped for my mom and mother-in-law in my pajamas!

How about you guys? Have you started shopping? Are you finished? Are you mad that I even asked!?!

Despite my best intentions, I did not make any holiday gifts this year... Next year, right?! I think I should start them in January when my motivation to sew is at its highest. It continues through until Easter or so, and then as the weather warms, my interest in sewing cools off. Of course, this winter I will likely be sewing sweet little baby outfits and blankies for my future daughter/son. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant... Third time around and it all just seems natural and easy. I have my next monthly appointment on Friday. March will be here before I know it!

And while I have not made any Christmas gifts, Mazy and Bo have been busy. Here's a little sneak peek of some that Mazy is working on.



Guess that's it for tonight. Now time to find a new brussel sprout recipe for a Thanksgiving side. Is it weird that brussel sprouts are one of our favorite vegetables? Both boys even like them... Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment