One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, October 22, 2010

Is it Fun and Hard to be a Parent?

One day this week, and I forget which one, it's kind of been a blur, Mazy asked me out of the blue:

"It is fun and hard to be a parent?"

And I thought about it for a few seconds and said, "Yes, it is very, very fun to be a parent. It's the most fun job I've ever had in my whole life. And yes, it can be hard once in awhile."

Mazy: "Like when Bo is being a monster? Then it's really hard, right? And when he is throwing a fit and screaming? Bo is the hard part. I am the fun part, right Mama?"

I smiled at him as I saw where the direction of this conversation was going and said, "Both of you are the fun part. I wouldn't trade my boys for anything. Not anything in the whole wide world."

Mazy: "Well, maybe we would trade Bo for lots of money."

That boy just makes me smile. He's so grown up sometimes, but he's also such a typical 5-year-old.

Our trip to Honey Creek was a success. We look forward to returning this winter, maybe with a couple cousins joining us. We had the entire water park to ourselves on Wednesday night -- for over two hours!! It was awesome. I'll post some photos this weekend.

Tomorrow is the annual Halloween Party on the Farm. It's always a great event. We haven't been able to plan much this year, due to crazy schedules, but we'll still have fun. Hopefully the rain holds off but if it doesn't we have the new garage we can use.

Stay tuned for more Halloween fun!

1 comment:

  1. Send me your spring break schedules and rates, and lets get something in the works! Great seeing you ghouls this weekend, we had lots of fun.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete