One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Carnage Saturday

Today I watched human beings be eaten by dinosaurs, sharks, giant crocodiles and then something called "sharktopus". It was a rainy Saturday afternoon and I allowed Mazy to pick the movies. Will he have nightmares tonight because of the carnage? Perhaps. But I have to admit, it was kind of a fun afternoon.

The garage sale was this morning. It rained. Pretty much the entire time. I made about $35. The upside is that I have $35 more than I had this morning for our fall getaway fund, and we took all the leftovers -- except the boys' clothes -- to Goodwill. So it's out of my house. Yahoo! My friend advised me to try selling the clothes at consignment shops or Craigs List. It's worth a shot. What doesn't sell, we'll take a women/children's shelter downtown.

Anyway, tomorrow is Grandpa Pud's birthday at the farm. I'm taking apple salad and a watermelon. Got off pretty easy this time. Troy is frying catfish and chicken legs. Mom's making mashed potato casserole and green beans. Keri is bringing mac & cheese/corn casserole. Kindi is bringing pickle dip for an appetizer. And Grandma Maxine is bringing dessert! Homemade pies and her homemade chocolate cake with fudge frosting.

Just put the boys to bed. I should clean house but I think I'll see who sharktopus is attacking instead. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment