One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, August 12, 2010

State Fair Time, But We're Not Going

Well I have tomorrow off and we were originally taking Mazy and Bo, along with my sister and her kids, and my mom, to a day at the State Fair. But it's hot in Iowa. Super hot, super humid and it's raining. And the thought of taking four kids to a hot, sweaty, muddy fairgrounds has proven not very popular. So now, Mazy and Bo are going to daycare, mom is babysitting Heidi's kids, and me and Heidi are going shopping in Valley Junction and out for a nice lunch. Frankly, I think this is a brilliant plan. :)

We're going to go to the fair next week when it's hopefully a little cooler, or at least a little drier. I told Mazy we could go on Friday the 20th to celebrate his first week of school.

Also, if you haven't heard, Iowa is flooding everywhere. Seriously. It's bad in places. Strangely, my area of town, which is usually the first one to flood, is just fine. More rain is in the forecast tonight and tomorrow. If that comes true, and it likely will because they seem to be fairly accurate this week, Des Moines will start to flood again. Nothing serious, but the usual closed roads and parks.

So today was the end of my work week and I must say it was a good one to end. A good week in general to end. One of the worst ever, as a matter of fact. I can't and don't want to go into details on my blog because this is supposed to be a happy place, and because some trashy, low-class woman is trying to sue us over the terrible thing that occurred on Sunday and I can't talk about it. But it stresses me out significantly and I just hope State Farm insurance takes her to town and gives her nothing. Not a penny for her!

My blood pressure is increasing so I am switching topics. Mazy starts school next Wednesday. Next Wednesday!! I ordered his new school clothes last weekend. He and I went shopping for his school supplies. All that is left is a haircut, new shoes and a new backpack of his choice. I'm hoping to talk him into a hip messenger bag, but I think he'll go for the backpack. Probably one with a dinosaur if we can find it.

Other than that, not much else is happening. Stay cool. I'll let you know if I buy anything!

Oh, and my sister is going to start a blog! Once it's up and going, I'll link to it so you can check out her artsy projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment