One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, August 23, 2010

Garden fresh tomatoes and basil


It is perhaps the ultimate flavors of summer -- sun-ripened tomatoes, basil plucked from your backyard, fresh mozzarella cheese and just a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Yum. Yum. Triple yum.

That's what I made for an appetizer tonight while the fish was baking and the rice was simmering. Mazy and Bo both liked it very much. Shawn couldn't eat it due to the mozzarella. Which I was kind of glad about -- more for me! Mazy said I was the best chef and he would give me a medal for good cooking.

Not much else to report tonight. All quiet on the home front. Oh, another taste of summer that Mazy is now enjoying and I'm dying to enjoy myself -- fresh peaches! Thanks to Shawn's parents we have a bag of 12 (now 9) juicy, ripe, delicious, mouth-watering peaches for the week. Mazy is averaging two a day. I need to slow him down or there won't be any left for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment