One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, July 5, 2010

Melancholy Monday Night


Oh. It's over. Four days of fun. Four days of the boys. Four days of no work. Four great days. I remember on Thursday night -- coming home from the concern and fireworks -- that four days off is long enough to really throw you into a funk when it ends.

Today has been rainy. We stayed home nearly all day. Mazy and I went for groceries around 4:30 while Bo finished his nap. It was humid and sultry out, even with the rain. It rained ALL DAY yesterday. The 4th of July parade was canceled. We still went to Yale and had lunch with mom and dad. But it truly rained buckets all day. We came back home for afternoon naps. Mazy and I slept from 2:30 to 6:30!! Ahh, but it felt good to catch up on our sleep. This stupid cold is still hanging around, Mazy's too. He had an earache today.

Bo is sitting on my lap. I think I'll keep this short. He's showing off his color skills -- playing with Shawn's toys and telling me what color they are.

Hope you all had a great 4th of July and a good long weekend to relax and have fun with friends and family. This weeks is already shaping up to be a doozy -- my Tuesday schedule is filled from 8 to 5 with meetings and projects. But, I will have my recent four-day weekend to think of fondly and keep me sane.

My only regret of the weekend is missing a party a friend had on Thursday night. I don't know how I managed it -- but between not feeling good and trying to get to Yankee Doodle Pops, I completely forgot about the party. Ashley, I'm so sorry. I owe you a formal apology and I am truly sorry I didn't get to see you and sweet little Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment